Job Title: Trainee Chef
Department: Food & Beverage
Responsible to: Head Chef
The welfare of guests during their dining experience
To ensure that Food Hygiene & Health & Safety guidelines are followed
All food products are stored, prepared and cooked correctly
Crockery, knives and chefs whites are clean and stored correctly
Purpose and Scope of Position:
Effectively produce food in line with guest expectations and hotel minimum standards
To execute company and hotel policies and procedures at all times, whilst carrying out duties, thereby ensuring that all services provided achieve and exceeded the established standards within the agreed budgetary costs. To ensure that personal hygiene is kept to correct standard To be a representative of the hotel at all times in dress, manner and attitude. To achieve the best possible food GP in line with other chefs
- Build relations with Customers via good meal experiences
- To ensure all orders are produced in a reasonable time frame
- Ensure that customer satisfaction is a top priority and that customer service is at the highest level
- To ensure every meal produced is to the same standard and presented correctly
- Always be friendly and polite to customers and collegues
- Deal with any compliments or complaints efficiently
- When producing food always have the Food GP % in mind, so limit wastage
- Take care of materials i.e. knives, whites fixtures & fittings
- To be aware of the implications of the statutory legislation regarding food safety act, ensuring they are implemented.
- To be aware of the hotels Health & Safety Policy and to ensure compliance therewith.
- To be aware of the hotels fire procedures and attend regular training sessions.
- To ensure confidentiality for the hotel and its customers.
- To actively introduce sales ideas.
- To control use of materials and recommend cost saving ideas.
- To ensure all customer feedback of services are followed up and recorded.
- Any other special duties or work outside the normal daily/weekly routine but within the overall scope of the position.
The above main tasks are subject to amendment and additions according to the individual requirements of the hotel and management.
Hours of work – 40 hours a week
Shift pattern / Days of Week – Breakfast, Lunch and/or Dinner shifts, 5 days, including weekends
Rate of pay – Start on apprentice wage, (£ 4.81 per hour) reassessed after 3 months
To apply: Email CV & Cover letter to Natasha Martin at: email@example.com